What is Creativity Training?
Creativity Training aids in thinking differently on a situation than usually approached. This is key to resolving professional hurdles, being productive and keeping one motivated.
Creativity and Innovation is a key skill which keeps employees ahead of the competition. When Momentum conducts a program on leadership training the other two main programs recommended are creativity training and problem solving training. Our Outbound Training is an outstanding program to train employees in an experiential manner and focuses on the topic of creative thinking. The global expert on creativity techniques, Dr. Edward de Bono, beautifully puts together in brief the undeniable meaning of creative thinking: “Ideas are the currency of success. They separate you from your competition.”
Creative Thinking Skills
Creative Thinking Skills assist to approach any given circumstance methodically and is a catalyst for renewed thinking in process, product and problem solving. This program empowers participants with the necessary tools for them to find solutions to stubborn problems and barriers that they might face.
“Capital isn’t so important in business. Experience isn’t so important. You can get both these things. What is important is ideas. If you have ideas, you have the main asset you need, and there isn’t any limit to what you can do with your business and your life.”
Creative Thinking Techniques
Creativity Training provides unconventional creativity techniques that help people escape from their usual patterns of thinking to produce enhanced results. The key is inventiveness, which can never happen if we cannot break out of established thinking patterns and explore new and unchartered paths.
“Creativity, as has been said, consists largely of rearranging what we know in order to find out what we do not know. Hence, to think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted.” George Kneller
Our creativity and innovation programs are useful for senior management, R&D and anyone who wants a disciplined approach (process) for innovation, idea generation, concept development, or a strategy to challenge the status quo, a cutting edge.
Creativity and Innovation
The Creativity Training Program run by Momentum Training Solutions provides the following benefits:
- Spark your creativity on demands
- Turn problems into opportunities
- Increase your number of new and practical ideas dramatically
- Gain contributions from everyone in the organization by using idea-generating tools that are productive and fun
Creativity and Innovation Course Outline
“Some men look at things the way they are and ask why? I dream of things that are not and ask why not?”— Robert Kennedy
Our Creativity and Innovation training program is filled with exercises and activities which enable the participants to experience the process of creativity. The activities allow the participants to break the normal rules of planning, behavior, decision-making, and think beyond their current patterns. By overturning the predictable, new possibilities will emerge, including the absurd, the inappropriate, even the unexplored.
This course addresses how to generate questions and determine techniques to see if the right questions are being asked and if they are, how to find solutions to day to day work related situations. In this active training, participants will tackle real world business problems creatively.
At this program’s conclusion participants should be able to:
- Understand Creativity
- Recognize the innate creativity within each of us
- Demonstrate Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking Techniques
- Understand Questioning & Probing as being a key technique in finding new possibilities
- Understand and apply techniques of creative thinking
- Introduction to Creativity – What it is and why it matters
- Can I be creative?? – Exploring Possibilities
- Get Out of the Box – Basic Creative Thinking Skills of:
- Reverse Brainstorming
- Random Words
- Mind Mapping
- Beyond Brain Storming – The Creative Problem Solving Method
- Games, Activities, Summary
- Problem Solving & Analytical Thinking
- Analytical Thinking – The right Attitude & The right approach (objective finding, fact finding, problem finding, idea finding, solution finding & acceptance finding)
- Questioning – A powerful and proven tool of analytical thinking – Probing, leading, open and closed questions
- Getting past Nay-Sayers to sell new ideas and methods of problem solving even to the toughest crowd
- Case Studies , Business Situations , Activities
- Summary & Wrap-Up
Approach & Deliverables
- A Repeatable Creative thinking Process
- Creative Thinking Best tools & Practices for individuals & Teams
- Proven Experiential and improvisational methods
- Skill Development in creative thinking & Problem Solving that can be applied back at work
At the program’s completion, participants will have an understanding of critical thinking and exposure to several tools for organizing thoughts, finding creative solutions, and communicating those ideas.
“Innovation is the process of turning ideas into manufacturable and marketable form.” — Watts Humprey
The duration of the training program will be 16 hours (2 days).
Momentum Training Solutions also conducts programs in Communication Skills Training that has proved to be extremely beneficial to corporate employees.